Job Title : Compliance and Risk Officer
Location : Head Office Pretoria
Reporting Line : Risk Manager
Overall Job Purpose : Develops, Manages and oversees compliance issues in consultation with the business units. Provides guidance on legal compliance issues and support the implementation of risk management framework
- Ensure efficient management, control and compliance with all national legislation and organisation specific policies, procedures and regulations;
- Assisting in the development of monitoring processes within Africa to assess compliance with key policies and legal requirements;
- Compilation and maintenance of risk management policies, procedures and methodologies in line with all statutory & regulatory requirements, best practices;
- Identifying, establishing and maintaining the regulatory universe, assist with the drafting of risk management plans and assist business with the implementation of such plans;
- To take primary responsibility for design of and implementing of systems and controls to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations impacting on the CGS;
- To develop action plans to respond to regulatory changes and to address shortfalls in compliance;
- Formulating and implementing compliance and monitoring plans;
- Ensuring effective implementation by business of legislation;
- Assisting and guiding business with the implementation of controls to mitigate and manage identified risks;
- Assist with drafting of compliance reports to management and governance structures within the CGS;
- Conduct legal and impact analysis of new legislation;
- Roll-out compliance policies to the business;
- Providing specialist compliance advice and guidance to the business;
- Compiling compliance-related training material;
- Drafting compliance communications and creating awareness on matters pertaining to compliance; and
- Identifying and reporting of compliance risks, breaches and incidents within area of responsibility.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to achieve results
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business processes
- Strategic and analytical thinking,
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to engage with senior stakeholders in the business.
- Must have a professional attitude
- Excellent interpersonal
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- The candidate must be able to take initiative
- Must have Impact and influence
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
Qualification and Experience:
- Must have BCom or LLB degree (Legal/ Risk Management degree preferred); and/or
- Post Graduate Diploma in Compliance Management
- Risk Management Diploma/Certificate
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience on Compliance and/or Risk Management at junior management level
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience within a Compliance and Risk role preferably public sector.
- Must have People management experience.
- Excellent risk and control knowledge.
- Must be computer Literate.
- Good writing skills.
The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 29 June, 2018.