Job Title: Manager: Information, Knowledge and Technology Manager
Position Status: Five Year (5) - Fixed Term Contract
Reporting Line: Chief Information Officer
Overall Job Purpose: Overall management of Information Resource Management and related activities/services to maximise the strategic use of information, knowledge and technology resources. It is an integral functional component of the business of the CGS, contributing to the realisation of the CGS’ strategic imperatives and facilitating its daily operational activities. The position also have oversight role for Intellectual Property Services of the organisation.
- Ensure that information, knowledge, and technology management strategic plans including resources and budget are formulated, approved, implemented and maintained in line with the CGS strategic objectives.
IT Operations Management/Business Process:
- Ensure that best practices, governance frameworks covering all the information, knowledge, and technology aspects are adequately developed, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure all information, knowledge, and technology policies are in compliance with legislative prescripts and international best practices.
- Ensure that information, knowledge, and technology performance reports are formulated and circulated in accordance with management requirements and CGS policies and procedure.
- Ensure that the CGS information, knowledge, and technology management related assets are economically acquired, adequately implemented, maintained and protected in all respects.
- Ensure efficient management of outsourced information, knowledge, and technology management services in accordance with CGS business requirements.
- Ensure the provision of effective and efficient information, knowledge, and technology management services and solutions to various divisions within CGS to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives.
IT Risk & Quality Management
- Ensure the effective incident management and regular reviews of the information, knowledge, and technology management services continuity such as adequate contingency plans, disaster recovery and backups at all times.
- Ensure ongoing research and development of cutting-edge information, knowledge and technology management solutions that will enable CGS to fulfill and expand its service offering.
- Execute prudent and proper management of IM budget in line with CGS policies and Public Finance Management Act, 1999.
- Exercise proper implementation of financial management protocols within the business unit in line with CGS policies.
- Execute prudent and proper human resource management within the business unit.
- Champion the skills development and transfer within the business unit.
- Implementation of the CGS performance management policy within the business unit.
- Mentors and coaches staff within the business unit where required.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Conflict, negotiation and dispute management
- Problem and change management skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B Tech/B Degree in Computer Science or related,
- Five to Ten (5-10) years’ experience within management and operations, including all the infrastructure disciplines, networking, technical support, IT security disciplines
- Knowledge of IT Policies and procedures.
- Finance and budget processes.
- Knowledge of current IT Technology.
The Council for Geoscience is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to affirmative action principles.
Closing Date: 26 October 2018
All appointments are subject to vetting processes.